Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Due Date Movie Review

Ok I saw Due Date on Saturday around 9:30 p.m. so don't blame becase I just didn't feel like putting the review up at 12 midnight. Ok so in the movie you have Robert Downey Jr's. character trying to get to Los Angeles from Atlanta for the birth of his first child. Downey by fate comes across the vibrant Zach Galifianakis and due to issues on a airplane they must travel by other means. The movie was what you would expect from director/screenwriter Todd Phillips whose work include Road Trip, School for Scoundrels, and Hangover. Due Date was funny because of the two contrasting characters in Downey and Galifianakis. Many will compare this film to John Hughes 1987 flick Planes, Trains and Automoblies. If I had to gives this movie a score for comedy it would be 4 out of 5 stars. Many will enjoy that compatibility of Galifianakis and Downey. I would have to give acting a score of 3 out of 5 because although clever and wonderfully create Galifianakis's character is some might be deemed him to be too unrealistic. Overall this is be a movie you will want to add to your collection.

2 comments:

  1. I seen Due date this past monday. Its is too funny i was in tears the whole movie. They could've found a better match up. This movie goes down in my record books for third funniest movie EVER!!!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seieing the review in the eyes of my peer and comments, I think I will be making a trip to see it this weekend or over the internet. Thanks

    ReplyDelete